A bittersweet announcement: After 36 years, our Owner and Educational Director, Terry Cavallo, is retiring. Only the current building and land have been sold. Our intention is to open Chesterton Montessori for the school year 2019-20 in a new location. Please contact the office directly with any questions you may have, and look for updates to be announced over the coming weeks. Thank you. Current families, we will continue to update you directly during this transition.
“Come Grow With Us!”
Chesterton Montessori Core Beliefs
There are six core beliefs that sum up the Montessori Method of education.
- Have a natural desire to learn.
- Learn through purposeful activity.
- Have “absorbent” minds and learn everything they are given.
- Pass through “sensitive periods” or times when learning comes more easily.
- Educate themselves through freedom of choice.
- Become independent, active learners when given a prepared environment.
Who We AreHere at Chesterton Montessori, our emphasis is on educating the whole child: academically, socially and emotionally so they can reach their fullest potential.
Admissions InformationWitness firsthand how a Montessori education can benefit your child. CMS encourages independence and celebrates individuality.